Monday 17 December 2012

My kinetic painting to Cantus Arcticus now on YouTube



My kinetic painting to Cantus Arcticus now on YouTube

With all good wishes for Happy Holidays, here’s a little present to help you slow down and relax with music and nature. A rehearsal of kinetic painting in my studio for a performance of Cantus Arcticus (Concerto for birds and orchestra), by the Finnish composer Einojuhani Rautavaara. This first rehearsal (with a CD) was later improved - the concerts were definitely better - but this gives a good impression.

The concerts with the Netherlands Symphony Orchestra were two of my most memorable. The three movements are linked with the sounds of birds, recorded near the Arctic Circle: The bog, Melancholy, Swans migrating. Oh yes, turn the sound up – it starts very softly. Enjoy!

In case you missed them, I posted two blogs about my preparations for his work and the performances, on 9th and 21st October. 

Here’s the YouTube link:  http://youtu.be/uc_j5jEFY5k



0 comments:

Post a Comment